The Langley School District is an innovative, inspiring and unified Learning Community and the sixth largest School District in BC. Our mission is to inspire all learners to reach their full potential and create a positive legacy for the future.
We are looking for individuals that share our values of Integrity, Excellence, Courage and Community. If you share our passion for creating an inspiring Learning Community, we are accepting applications for a Trades Certified Mechanic in our Transportation Department for a full-time assignment. Individuals will perform a variety of tasks related to the upkeep and repair of district vehicles and equipment. This position comes with a comprehensive benefits package and pension, along with an excellent working environment.
Individuals must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of Grade 12
- Apprenticeship and/or Trades Qualification Certificate (Commercial Transport Vehicle Repairs or Automotive Mechanical Repairs )
- Automotive (Propane) Gas Fitters Ticket
- Class 2 C. Driver’s Licence, including Air Brake endorsement
- One year related experience
- Ability to perform a variety of skilled tasks in the maintenance of district vehicles, equipment and generators
- Thorough and current knowledge of the standards, practices, regulations, methods, tools and equipment of the trade
- Ability to communicate effectively using courtesy and tact in the explanation and exchange of information
- Ability to determine, judge and select appropriate course of action within limits of established methods and procedures
- Physical ability to perform the required duties
Qualified individuals must submit an application (External Support Staff Application form available at www.sd35.bc.ca) along with a complete resume (including 3 references) and proof of above qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the Email Subject Line please quote: Mechanic
Successful applicants will be subject to a criminal records check.
We wish to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.